Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Legend by Marie Lu

Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Legend (Legend, #1)Legend by Marie Lu
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Series: Legend, #1
Genre: Dystopian, Romance, Sci-Fi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


For once, I'm glad I ignored all the hype and didn't read this book sooner. A lot of people have already read it and they could only do a reread, while me─ I get to read it for the first time. The rollercoaster of emotions, the anticipation, the feeling of being complete after you've read a masterpiece, everything─all fresh in my mind and my heart.

LEGEND gave me all those feels. It's not everyday that we stumble upon a good book, right? It's actually one of the reasons why we, book lovers, read a LOT─to search for a masterpiece one after another and be blown away all over again. (Ok, now I sound like I'm writing an essay and not a review HAHA forgive me. I obviously become so talkative & dramatic when it comes to books I feel so strongly about.)

This book is actually very emotional at the same time logical. What else? Action-packed, brilliant, powerful, intense─I could go on forever. I was gripping this book tightly in my hands all throughout the story, no kidding. I can continue and talk about what I think about the plot, characters, writing, you know, technical stuffs but I guess I'll leave it like this because after all, the power of this book is in its emotional punches and I want my review to be focused on that. (The technical stuffs are brilliant. I just don't feel the need to elaborate more because a lot of reviewers did that already.)

So there goes my subjective review.This book is easily one of my ultimate-favorites of all time. :)

View all my reviews
Turning Pages of Fiction © 2014