Wednesday, May 22, 2019

REVIEW: The Moth and the Flame by B.B. Reid

Wednesday, May 22, 2019
The Moth and the Flame by B.B. Reid
Series: When Rivals Play #1
Genre: Romance, New Adult,Contemporary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Synopsis:

THE FLAME

Here lies Louchana Valentine. She was a homeless, orphaned virgin.

I never cared what my gravestone would say until I landed in deep with a powerful gangster. Lucky for me, my best friend happens to be ruthless too. I should feel guilty that he’s forced to turn on the man who’s been a father to him. Except I’ve always known that Wren’s soul wasn’t as black as he claimed.

He was good.
He was beautiful.
He was mine.
He just didn’t know it yet.

And with Wren keeping me safe, I’ve got time left to rewrite the end of my story. But if he has his way, virgin is already carved in stone.

THE MOTH

I’ve never known anyone as alluring as Lou. Or as frustrating. Since the night she saved my life and stole my wallet for her troubles, I couldn’t stay away.

She became my onus.
My light.
My…anyway.

With nowhere to run, I’m forced to trust someone I never expected. At least with Lou safe in Blackwood Keep—far away from me—I’ll die with my conscience intact. Because she no longer looks at me with friendship in her eyes. Those iridescent blues shine with a different need entirely, and I’ve never been able to deny her.


My Thoughts:

Just wanna share, one of my favorite tropes is friends-to-lovers but sadly, I've been DNF-ing a lot of friends-to-lovers books lately because I didn't find them swoon-worthy and angsty enough to keep me interested. Either the main male character is too girly and tame for a male bestfriend or too kind for my taste (heh!) I've been looking and wishing for a romance where the main characters are truly close friends, yet have so much sexual tension. I'm so glad B.B. made it happen!

Wren and Lou's story was definitely my kind of friends-to-lovers romance. It ticked all the right boxes for me:

☑ Friends-to-lovers with chemistry
☑ ANGST
☑ Slowburn
☑ Alpha male hero
☑ Sweet bff moments that are not cheesy
☑ Lots of push-and-pull
☑ Jealousy

Seriously, this book was made for me lol. The only reason for 4/5 stars is because there were parts of the story that I personally didn't like, they're minor though and didn't affect my overall opinion towards the book. I totally enjoyed this book and I freaking cannot wait for the other installments!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Turning Pages of Fiction © 2014