Thursday, June 13, 2019

On the Rocks by Kandi Steiner

Thursday, June 13, 2019
On the Rocks by Kandi Steiner
Series: Standalone
Genre: Romance, New Adult,Contemporary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Noah Becker is nothing but trouble.

That’s what Mama told me when I was a kid, kicking his pew in church and giggling at the games we’d play. It’s what the town said when his father died and the Becker brothers went wild.

And it’s on repeat in my mind the day I walk into the whiskey distillery where he works to buy a wedding gift for my fiancĂ©.

He’s trouble.
Dirty, sweaty, rude trouble.

No matter how many times I repeat it, I can’t escape Noah in our small Tennessee town. And the more I run into him, the more he infuriates me. Because he sees what no one else does.

He sees me—the real me.

The me I’m not sure I’m allowed to be.

I’m Ruby Grace Barnett, the mayor’s daughter. Soon to be a politician’s wife, just like Mama and Daddy always wanted. Soon to fulfill my family’s legacy, just like I always knew I would.

Until the boy everyone warned me about makes me question everything, like whether the wedding I’m planning is one I even want.

Everyone says Noah Becker is nothing but trouble.

If only I had listened.


My Thoughts:

I've read the Kandi Steiner's "On the Way to You" novel and absolutely loved it. I knew right away her books are a must-read for me so I was super excited for this new release!

"On the Rocks" is a very romantic summer days read! I truly enjoyed the small town slash country-feel of the story. The plot and the characters were heartwarming, the romance totally swoon-worthy! It's the most important thing that I look for in romance books; the ability of the author to weave a swoon-worthy romance. I've read so many books and DNF (did-not-finish) most of them because I just couldn't feel the chemistry between the characters. I'm so glad that Kandi's really good at it. The tension and the angst in her books are effective. I couldn't stop the stupid grin on my face while reading it!

Can't wait to read the other Becker boys' stories!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Turning Pages of Fiction © 2014